368 photos, 365 days (how did that happen?), 4 seasons, 3 cameras, 3 weddings, 2 holidays and1 year later, I have finished my Photo Of The Day project. I started it because I wanted to use my camera more, and get to know just what that baby could do. You know those moments when you're out somewhere and you think, "I wish I had my camera?"or "that would be a great photo!" or just "I need an eternal memory of this funny/stupid/poignant/strange moment"? Yeah, that's another reason why I have been playing tourist for thepast year, camera strung around neck in the big smoke.
Did I stick to the rules? No (but hey, I made them, and they're there to be broken, right?)
Did I get some good shots? I like to think so.
Did I also get some rubbish? Most definitely.
Was it what I hoped? Yes and no.
Yes, I learnt a lot more about what my camera is actually capable of (and NOT capable of once covered in soy milk...)
Yes, I captured some pretty cool images which I may not have even had my camera for or bothered to take
Yes, it forced me to be observant and creative.
No, it didn't necessarily make me a better photographer.
No, I didn't always get good shots and definitely had to take gratuitous photos of my mundane surroundings
No, I didn't always love it (and sometimes found it a chore!) - in fact, it made me less enthusiastic to take photos of things that are actually photoworthy some days.
So, I am glad it's over, but glad I did it, and stuck it out (with some definite cheats and short cuts on the way.) I look forward to looking back over a year in the life of me, from the exciting to the downright sleep-inducing. But hey, that's life!
What next? A well earned break for the camera (though it's only been in service since October), new blog posts and hopefully, some pretty sweet pictures that are worth taking of the coming days, weeks, months and years.
If you followed my pics - thanks.
If you didn't - I don't blame you.
If you want to - it's all still here, rachelitis.blogspot.com :)
To finish, my favourite pictures from the project:







Well, I could go on! You'll have to go look for yourself ;-)
Ciao for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment